Methods and advice adapted for each one exist. To study well is first to know yourself well. To be effective is to organize oneself and choose working methods that suit you, and you will have results that live up to your expectations.
Getting organized before you start is planning your work, and knowing your own concentration limits.
You study in order to pass an exam, it is important to analyze the time you have until the tests and to organize you accordingly, it allows not to revise at the last moment. Testing your concentration skills will allow you to study more effectively, to know your own limits before you start.
1. Be and stay positive
To help you be positive, remember these things:
- You study to learn, you have chosen these studies, and it is a pleasure to enrich you with new knowledge.
- Do you say and repeat that you will succeed because you like this learning that will allow you to practice the job you are considering for you.
- You will succeed because you work for it, with courage, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Do not worry about other students. Keep in mind that each individual has his own pace, do not compare yourself to others. Work as you choose based on your concentration skills.
- Do not focus on the results you need to achieve; it brings stress. Concentrate your positive energy on your studies and the methods you will use and adapt for you.
2. Prepare a work plan
You know the number of materials you need to work and your concentration limits.
- Design an agenda of studies and revisions in full awareness of your concentration abilities.
- Define your work by month, by week and by day for each subject. By organizing yourself, you will save a lot of timeand greatly reduce your stress.
- Make an accurate list of what you will be studying in relation to your schedule, during the session and check it as it is done.
- Do not forget to include time in your schedule to ventilate your mind , breathe, walk or play at least three times a week.
- Include a healthy lifestyle in your daily life , eat well and sleep well. To be physically and intellectually fit to improve one’s memory .
- Respect your work and relaxation agenda on a regular basis . Review at the same time allows you to self-discipline. You will be proud to stick to it.
How to study? What are the methods?
To study effectively requires first a good environment, a place suitable for you, where you will find the best conditions for an optimal concentration, alone or in a group. Then know the methods of revisions that are consistent with what you are, those that will allow you to acquire a good memory.
1. The environment is essential for a studious atmosphere
- If you need absolute silence, prefer a library because you will find only students like you, looking to work quietly, you will keep a good motivation.
- If you prefer to be alone in peace, study in your room or office, being careful not to be disturbed, and avoiding any distractions such as television or mobile phone.
- If you can concentrate only with surrounding noises, you can study in a bar not too busy or outdoors in a public garden.
- You can study alone in your room with not too loud music.
- It is also important to study either outdoors in the open or in a well-lit room. You will not damage your eyes and stay awake.
- In any case, find the place that suits you best, as you feel, where it will be easy to stay motivated, focused and where you want to work. Once this place is found, go to your favorite place to study.
- Find the perfect time for you for the day or evening. The one where you will feel your concentration at the highest.
2. Plan everything you need to study
It is important to anticipate so that you do not miss anything in order to optimize your time, not to go back and forth to get a book that you have forgotten.
- Think of all the mimeographed courses, books, notebooks, pens, markers, or other work tools.
- Do not forget where you should go, do not cover yourself too much, but plan an extra sweater. The ideal is not to be too hot or too cold for a better concentration.
- If you have to work several hours, plan a snack and water for energy and avoid being tired, which will also allow you to take a break from your work.
- If you like to work in music, take an MP3 player with your favorite music rather than your laptop that might be a distraction (SMS received or an unexpected call) and disrupt your concentration.
- Try to be as orderly as possible so that you can work methodically.
3. Use multiple revision methods
Try several methods to help you understand and define the ones that work best for you. To vary the methods is also to learn with more pleasure, it is to give all the chances of success.
Some reminders of the best learning methods .
- Read the information and take notes, make cards
- Retranscribe by yourself on white sheets
- Create Flash Cards
- Mind Mapping: to understand and retain information in a sustainable way
- Pareto’s Law: Selecting the Essential to Remember
- The SEL (Sens-Enfance-Lien) method: Learn while having fun, invent stories to remember more easily
- SAC linking method “Selection, Association, Connection”
- Regularly alternate working time and relaxation breaks for better concentration and optimal learning conditions
- Space review times for lasting storage
- Use all your senses for a good memory
- Work in a group to talk together about learning
- Test yourself, control yourself to check your skills
- Use your memory well: put your memory into action as often as possible: understanding, memorizing, reactivating and anchoring
- Ask yourself many questions to reflect on the answers by informing yourself otherwise
Mutliply help resources
Enrich your learning by learning in different ways.
Seek additional information.
- Ask teachers for help
- Search for documents or books in the library
- Ask questions to your close entourage
- Work in a group of students to exchange
The advice of the champion
- Divide your revisions into sequences of 30 to 50 minutes maximum.Between each work session, take a break, take the opportunity to go out to get some fresh air.
- Learn to know the limit of your concentration and recognize when you are exhausted.Do not fight fatigue
- For effectively revise , you need to spend time where it’s really needed
- Create a schedule of revisions to better organize and define your work by month, by week and by day. You will save a lot of time and greatly reduce your stress
- Taking breaks is just as important as focusing on revisions. The brain responds better when you take a short break every hour
- Study when you are more efficient, remember much faster
- Do not revise at the last moment. This is inefficient
- “Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do the same day”
- Have a healthy lifestyle : eat healthy, drink water, sleep well, exercise, and stay calm : breathe, and relax